beemaskeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon Conner

Brandon Conner

Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty
PostSubject: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty26/5/2015, 22:45

pants in the dark, which did not go as well as he hoped. A slew of curses flowed out of his mouth as he stubbed his toe at the corner of his dresser. After the pain subsided, he finally answered the person on the other side of the phone. “Got it. I will be right over.” He hung up the phone and tossed it on the bed. With one pants leg in, he hoped out of his bedroom and into the kitchen were the phone proceeded to consecutively ring. “Yes?” he said formally as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, forgetting that he was holding up his jeans with his only free hand, and they proceeded to fall around his ankle once more. “Yes. I just heard. I will be there as soon as possible.” He did not wait to say goodbye as he slammed the phone on its hook. Finally, getting the chance to slip his other leg through its pants leg.

“Daddy? What’s wrong?” Joshua said in his wolverine onesie pajamas. He too was rubbing his eyes, woken up by the commotion going on outside his room. Brandon turn to him, with a genuine smile, and utter, “Nothing sweetie,” as he ushered his son back to his room. “Go back to bed and when you awake, Clarissa, you and I will have breakfast.” He just nodded as he squeeze the life out of his stuffed teddy bear, probably not fully understanding what his dad said. When Brandon was certain his son was asleep in bed, he quietly shut his door and proceeded down the hall to his bedroom. Grabbing his phone off the bed, he speed dial the first number on his phone as he was putting on his shoes, of course without socks. “Hello, Clarissa? Sorry for waking you up at 2 in the morning but it is an emergency. How fast can you get down to my place and watch Joshua for me?”

“5 minutes? Thank you, Clarissa. I owe you one…Very funny. Bye.”

For some odd reason, even though he was going into a dangerous situation, he was oddly orderly. He would never say calm, because his life was never calm, but when unexpected situations arises, he was the take charge type of guy. He went through list in his head and checking them off one at a time. Things needed to get done and he made sure they got done. Now, once again a young mutant needed his help. Not wasting any more time, he was out the door with keys in hand, which did him no good, because when the keys were in the ignition, it made grotesque sounds and stalled on him. “Not now!” he yelled at his car, as he tried again and again but to no avail. There was a tap at his window and a looming face looking in. This was Los Vegas, of course there would be creepy people lurking around this hour. But for Brandon, this was the last person he wanted to see. He rolled down his window and asked, “What do you want?”
Back to top Go down
Levi Jones
Impulse
Levi Jones

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty30/5/2015, 02:20

Slinking around in the shadows wasn't Levi's style. He preferred to be right in the middle of the action, and if that meant he was also in the middle of the spotlight, well, he would deal. Though more often than not that spot light was in fact a searchlight, hunting out rebel mutants and allies alike. Either way, the darkness that enveloped Levi made him itch – he wanted to be moving, not staking out some vaguely safe neighborhood where all the lights in the shuttered windows were dim.

Yet here he was. He absently tapped his fingers to a beat heard only in his head, light drumming echoing off the cool metal of his car. Inside the air was fresh and cold, thanks to the expensive looking set up of the cars interior. It was made for the Los Vegas heat as much as it was made for the quick getaways that Levi needed it for, and it had served its purpose with flying colors. He had put more work into this car than any relationship he'd ever had. Jet black, sleek and more sexy than Levi thought most people were, the mustang was his only constant companion. Well, constant when he could afford to take it out of its hiding spots littered across the country. It wouldn't do to have any agents getting a scan out for his car; even when he changed license plates frequently there was still the risk of getting spotted.

Levi had only recently recovered it from across the state lines in California on his way back from the safe house. The poor thing had a layer of fine dust on it, and the stale car smell that came from being shut up in a storage locker for months. It had felt almost better than sex when he raced it up and down the winding mountain roads on his way to Vegas. The way the engine hummed beneath his seat, and way the air rushed through the windows when he was pushing 140 – Levi could happily send days in his car, racing the sun on the horizon and the rising of the stars.

It was a waste of the car to be idling on this quiet street. Wasting gas, wasting time. Wasting his fucking life.

With a heavy sigh, he shifted in the leather seat, trying to find a comfortable position. He had already been sitting here for three hours, as evident by the crushed bottles of energy juice that did nothing to incense his already over active energy levels. Three hours and nothing had happened. Just like the last two nights. Just like what he imagined the next two nights to be like.

Why in the shit was he still here?

Those brutes of Russians had made threats, promises of violence, and of course, like the bunch of jack asses they were, hadn't acted on them. Levi should just leave – leave and never think of this damn house again, if he knew what was good for him.
Problem was, Levi never knew what was good for him.

A sudden light in the distance sparked him into action. He darted forward in his seat, squinting his eyes to see into the window where the light was now shining. The small house on the end of the street was awake now, and Levi was alight with nervous energy.

As of yet, each night when the light went out in Brandon's house it didn't come back on until the morning. And while two a.m was hardly late for Levi, he was surprised to see dark forms moving behind the curtained windows. He almost panicked, or what amounted to panic for him, but slowly reasoned that it couldn't be the Russians; he would have seen them coming.

Something else must be going on. Still, Levi couldn't sit back and relax. His leg started bouncing, his fingers gripping the steering wheel until his knuckles were white. He had spent too long sitting relatively still, and now that something was happening he was eager to get moving.

He watched as the door to the house swung open and the now familiar form of Brandon rushed out, taking the porch steps two at a time. What's his rush? Levi thought while he unconsciously shifted in his seat, hand reaching for the door handle. Whatever had spurred the man into such frantic action had him sprinting for his car, slamming the door behind him. It only took Levi another moment to realize the piece of junk, which he had patched up only a few weeks ago, was not going to start.

With a annoyed shake of his head, Levi got out of the car and walked to where Brandon was still trying in vain to get his working. He learned forward towards the driver's side window and tapped his knuckles on the glass.

Brandon didn't seem surprised or even glad to see him. Didn't matter, though. Levi didn't care either way. “I told you to take care of this thing. Did you plan on listening or you just too busy to make sure your fucking car actually runs?”

He motioned towards his car, sleek and dark in the night. “You need a ride somewhere?”
Back to top Go down
Brandon Conner

Brandon Conner

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty1/6/2015, 23:10

“Why are you here? Are you stocking me?” Levi was nonchalantly composed as ever, but Brandon could tell that he was restless. It was in the way he moved, even though he was standing still. He wanted the thrills and excitement of action, any action, wither it be from a fight or in bed. Before Levi could answer, Brandon respond in a short tone, “I don’t have time for this.” he said turning his attention back to the vehicle, turning the key in the ignition. Once again it stalled, making a horrific sound before groaning its last moan before dying altogether. His frustration got the better of him as he hit the steering wheel.

“No. I’ll just wait.” Clarissa should be here any minute, and Brandon would just take her car. But the more he waited, the more time the situation could get out of hand, and Brandon knew he could on contain the situation so much before it was out of hand. If the police hasn’t been called yet, they will soon, putting the young mutant endangered and themselves in extreme danger. Brandon had no time to wait. Even the prospect of riding in the vehicle with this scum was distasteful, like bile in his mouth, he had no other choice. “On second thought…sure,” he said getting out of the car, following Levi as he lead the way to his vehicle, which was parked on the opposite side of the street, in full view of his home. How long was Levi there and why? Even though Brandon only knew Levi for a couple of days, several weeks back, him being here did not make any sense. Brandon got the sinking feeling that he was making the biggest mistake of his life as he slid into the passenger side of the car. Little did he know at the time, his life would never be the same again.
Back to top Go down
Levi Jones
Impulse
Levi Jones

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty3/6/2015, 02:56

The none too gentle thud of Brandon's fists on the steering wheel brought a smirk to Levi's lips. If the man didn't have time for the kindness that Levi was offering, well, he sure as hell didn't have time to hear why he was actually there. Levi wasn't too eager to tell him anyway; let him think what he may. The real reason was too much his own fault to admit. He wasn't about to take responsibility for that yet.

“Like I'd waste my time stalking you. And if I were, you wouldn't be seeing me. That's the whole point.” In fact, had Levi not made the choice to walk straight up to Brandon he would still be woefully unaware of his presence. It was a good thing he had decided to watch out for Brandon, as if anything had happened the other man would have likely been too oblivious to notice anything was wrong. The Russians could have busted in on him and his kid and that would have been that; two more dead mutants no one would mourn.

Levi waited impatiently as Brandon denied his help, then came to his senses and agreed. Without checking to see if he was following, Levi walked back his car, pace quick and eager. Finally, something to do.

The mustang was still gently humming, engine just as ready to move as Levi himself was. He slid into the drivers seat with the confidence that permeated everything he did, bestowing only a cursory glance at Brandon as he climbed into the passenger side.

“Watch your shoes. I just got her cleaned up and I don't want whatever dust or shit that's on your feet to get all over.”

A turn of the key and the idling car was back to life: the lights on the dashboard flashed, radio blasting out The Clash into the sleeping street. The headlights lit up the road in front of them and before even knowing where he was going, Levi pressed his foot to the gas pedal and they were off.

Zero to sixty was one of Levi's favorite phrases, and he tended to take it literally. Hist foot did not let up on the gas until they were speeding down the suburban streets, heading towards the invisible horizon in the the distance. He turned off the air conditioner, both hands leaving the steering wheel to fiddle with the buttons and to roll down the windows. The balmy night air rushed in immediately, but was offset by the way it swept past his face as he raced his way down the road. The wind hit him like a strong cup of coffee – any idleness he had been feeling was scoured away with the grains of sand and dirt picked up in the wind that hit his cheeks and ruffled through his hair.

Levi grinned, his face transformed from his usual scowl to something more reminiscent of the young man he was.

“So where we headed, old man?” He turned from the road to look at Brandon, trusting in himself to make the up coming turn without needing to look at it directly. The car made it with little pavement to spare, wheels turning sharply in a way that had Levi not been a skilled driver would have sent them careening into the ditches that lined the road.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Conner

Brandon Conner

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty9/6/2015, 05:42

Brandon did not know if it was his nerves getting the better of him, seeing as how he was putting his trust in a man he barely knew, or if “it” was starting. His heart was racing out of his chest as if the predator hatchling was about ready to claw out of him at any moment. On top of that his arm wouldn’t stop twitching, as if he was having a fit. “Too late.” He remain even as ever when he spoke, sliding into the passenger side of a luxurious sports car. “I stepped in dog poop on the way over here,” he said wiping the bottom of his shoes on the floor mat of Levi’s car. Brandon was being childish and he knew it but his jest was just for show to tease Levi. Brandon could see one of Levi’ neck veins popping out, ready to explode, seeing his precious car defiled by Brandon but Levi would learn quickly, after having a child that personal possessions becomes all too meaningless compared to taking care of a little person, who can’t fend for him or herself. On second thought, Levi a father seem like a foreign concept to fully contemplate.

Payback was a bitch. Brandon barely got his seatbelt on and told Levi the address, when the car rocketed off down the quiet neighborhood. “WHAT ARE-“ Whatever Brandon was about to say, got drowned out by the screeching of the tires as Levi did a hard right turn. Without a doubt it was a combo of the two. Levi just exacerbated the matter even further. His heart was thumbing so hard that he felt a migraine coming on. He felt flush, cold and hot at the same time. “Is it hot in hear?” he asked to himself, tugging at his shirt as beads of sweat form around his forehead. Not only that, but his hands did not stop twitching. The only thing that was grounding him was his constant need to squeeze Levi’s soft but firm bicep, every time it became too much. He wasn’t even aware he was doing it.

Brandon needed to focus on something else. Anything else, besides the excruciating pain that was washing over him. He forced himself to stare outside his window and watch the world as it literally flew by him. The world seem infinitely endless and the only thing he could grasp at from outside the vehicles were stray lights coming from houses, streetlamps, and other cars. It was an endless stream of lights with no form and no matter and they too had trouble keeping up with Levi. “Business,” was all Brandon said. His voice surprisingly strong and steady compared to the rest of his body, betraying him.
Back to top Go down
Levi Jones
Impulse
Levi Jones

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty11/6/2015, 01:44

The streetlights passed by Levi's vision so quick that they blurred together, becoming streaks of light in the darkness, illuminating only the shadowy outlines of sparse brush and  lone trees few and far between. Driving at night was one of the few things that ever settled Levi down – not much, granted, but enough to calm his usual aggressive tendencies.

“This for your mutant help group or whatever? You make house calls at two am? Fuck, if I'da had something like that when I was a kid I would probably be a better person. Or dead in a ditch someplace. Shit luck, you know? Nothing's gonna help these kids until the bigger problems solved, yeah?”

He wasn't sure Brandon was listening to him, though it hardly mattered. The other man didn't seem to want to talk much, and Levi could guess why. The situation sure didn't look good, him waiting outside his house in the middle of the night and all. But fuck it, Levi didn't care. He glanced back to Brandon often, not worried about giving the road his full attention. The other man was sweating, even with the windows down.

“Hot? I can turn on the ac – here,” Again Levi let his hands leave the steering wheel to roll the windows back up and turn on the air conditioning. The rush of cold air that came from the vents along the dashboard didn't feel as nice as the wind from outside, but it would do. There really wasn't a reason to turn it off in the first place, as even in the dead of night it was warm outside.

As Levi guided the car around another treacherous turn he felt Brandon's hand dart to his arm and grip it tight. Keeping his eyes on the road for once, he smirked, but said nothing. He only turned the music down a notch and drummed his fingers along to the beat, speeding toward their destination. Whenever he bared down on the gas pedal or barely kept the tires of the car on the road Brandon would squeeze his arm again, and after a while Levi turned to the other man to get his attention. Enjoyable as it was to have the pressure of Brandon's hand on him, he didn't need the man to have a heart attack.

“Hey, loosen up. You're fine. I'm not going to crash and kill you. Besides, if I did crash I'd be able to get you out of the wreck quick, no problem. So sit back and relax – I got this.”

Levi was forced to slow down as the streets grew narrower and spread farther apart. When he passed intersections he squinted his eyes to read the signs, looking for the right cross street. He rarely ventured into this part of town – the houses were large and lavish, acres of lands surrounding them in meticulously landscaped greens and browns. It was the sort of neighborhood Sally would like; the kind with expensive art and valuables inside, and bottles of wine with years on them that were older than Levi. This was not an area he was comfortable in, and it showed in his darting eyes as they passed each and every dark gated driveway.

What kind of business did Brandon have out here? He couldn't imagine anyone who lived in these big houses needing any kind of support or help, mutant or not.

As Levi drove past another lonely stretch of road the address Brandon gave him came into sight. It was no different than any other they had passed, other than the bright light washing out from a second story window.

“We're here.” He parked the car near the gate, quickly turning it off and letting the headlights fade from view, leaving them in darkness. It was better this way- whatever Brandon had to do here, Levi felt more comfortable being unseen.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Conner

Brandon Conner

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty25/1/2016, 17:53

Brandon let go of his life line, only when Levi’s need was greater than his own. It was hard to focus on anything in particular as Levi feed off him, like a parasite in order to stay in complete control of the vehicle going ninety miles per hour down a one-way street. His vision blurred for a moment, but what brought him back was Levi’s insatiable need to talk. Probably, he just like the sound of his own voice, or he did not like the awkward silence that seem ever present among the two of them. In any case, Brandon was sort of glad that he was here, even though he would never voice it.

The streets became brighter and cleaner as they went into the fancier neighborhoods. The lavish homes seem to be boundless and endless in fortunes as each neighbor try to out due the other one in extravagant. Fancy cars line the driveways, to large homes that could easily fit at least ten of Brandon’s shack of a home in comparison.

Now that he became focus on his charge, his mind became much clearer and his twitches became more manageable. Once the car finally stopped, he knew they were in the right place. Even though the home look like any other, something seemed off. The gates to the home were wide open and the lights were on and the second floor. “Stay in the car,” Brandon told Levi, knowing full well he was not going to listen.

He unbuckled his seat belt, got out of the car and slammed the door shut. Levi did the same and was right their beside him. “Whatever you do, don’t talk,” he told him with an authoritative voice. Even though Brandon only knew Levi for what… three days, he knew enough that he had a mouth on him, and he did not need to scare the mutant more, better yet scare her parents more.

Brandon walked up the driveway and signs were everywhere on what the mutant powers were. Patches of burnt grass line the front yard, betraying the heir of a perfect, normal home. It condensed the laundry list of mutant abilities that Brandon had the pleasure to come across to a short list of 20 to 30 powers to deal with. At the top of his list was pyro-kinesis, or electro-kinesis. Brandon was not hoping it was another mutant with the touch of death, because he did not want to relive the horror that mutant caused.

He walked up onto the porch and rang the doorbell several times, waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Levi Jones
Impulse
Levi Jones

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty29/1/2016, 05:24

Levi watched as Brandon got out of the car, his legs no longer shaking, and slammed the door shut behind him. The car rattled with the force, and Levi quickly got out himself and followed after Brandon.

“Hey! Watch the door!” He reprimanded, running his hand along the hood as he passed it. If there was even the smallest of dents on the door Brandon would be hearing about it and learning how to fix it.

When Brandon told him to stay put, Levi laughed. No one told him what to do, with the occasional exception of Sally, and definitely not this old man. If he thought Levi would spend another who knew how long sitting on his ass waiting for something to happen then he was delusional. He had spent the last few nights doing just that, and now that there was some kind action he wasn't about to sit it out.

“Like hell I'm staying in the car. You might need me.” He kept pace with Brandon, giving him a smirk. “Fall and can't get up, that sort of thing. Plus I'm a lot quicker than you.”

To demonstrate it he sprinted ahead, scouting out the vast yard. It was well tended – the people who lived here must have enough money to hire a full time gardener. There were a few exceptions to the pristine fake wilderness look though; huge patches of grass were burnt and charred, leaving stark patterns almost resembling crop circles. Levi walked over one, the dead grass crunching beneath his shoes.

“Looks like someone's been having fun. What's this kid do, blast fireballs or something?” He had known a few mutants who could control fire like that. All hot heads and dangerous, but they did great things for the underground resistance. He'd fucked one once and the next morning realized his hair was singed at the ends.

They reached the front door and Levi stood leaning on a pillar on the porch. He could feel the energy in the air – it was getting to him, making his fingers drum against his leg and his foot tap rhythmically on the floor.  Something was going to happen tonight, he was certain. He could never quite understand how these feelings always seemed to be true, but he trusted them.

“Are you seriously knocking?” Levi snapped his head towards Brandon who was standing at the door, polite as ever. Knocking. At two a.m. At a house where there was obviously some kind of commotion going on. Did he think these people would stop whatever they were doing and let a stranger into their house in the middle of the night? He shook his head in disbelief and waited.

After barely another minute of no answer Levi turned back to Brandon with an impatient look in his eyes. “I'm finding another way in. Meet you up there.”

With a small leap he threw himself onto the pillar and shimmied his way up, grabbing hold of the edge of the porch's slanted roof. He pulled himself up and ran with ease up the steep incline, glad to be on the move. He scaled the rest of the way up the walls and started looking around for an open window to climb into.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]   Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Fright, Fight and Fun [Levi]
Page 1 of 1