beemaskeeps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fool Me Once

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arisse

Arisse

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty16/6/2015, 23:37

The objective was simple in theory; infiltrate a factory on Quesh and retrieve data on some adrenal development a team of Republic Scientists had been working on. As the Keeper explained to Ari over the Holo, this was to be a full-on stealth mission, no one could discover the Imperial's interest in creating their own adrenals to help aid the war effort. The Keeper had ordered that she and Arren would work together to quietly extract the information, and escape without notice.

So Ari was making her way to Arren's quarters at a brisk pace, with a datapad in hand. It held all of the necessary information for the mission, and Arisse would have to quickly brief her fellow agent before they landed on Quesh. Feeling quite proud to be in charge, Ari stepped right into his quarters without so much as a knock, and walked up to his desk where he sat, busily typing away into a datapad. She set hers on the desk in front of him, and announced, "We have a new assignment."
Back to top Go down
Auren

Auren

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 00:33

–has been getting worse. It cannot be done without drawing more attention to–

As if Val’shaa’s persistent pressing for information had not been enough, Auren had already been on edge for weeks. He very nearly dropped the datapad he’d been holding; his eyes kept on the holo in alarm as it promptly cut off and disappeared. He managed to compose himself in the next moment, sitting straight-backed and at attention and looking to her. He’d folded his hands neatly across the turned-over datapad that even now relayed encrypted information on his zabrak companion. His features formed a mask of indifference, but his eyes fell on his fellow agent in suspicion; he had no way of knowing what Arisse had seen or heard just then.  

“I am listening,” he said. If she had felt the need to come in with such disregard to manners, the assignment might have asked for some sense of urgency. So long as he kept her attention on that, she would be less likely to ask questions; that he hoped, anyway. “Ah,” he picked up her datapad, skimming through the orders in addition to what she’d say. “We’ve reached Quesh, then? You can fill me in as we go.”
Back to top Go down
Arisse

Arisse

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 01:25

Admittedly, Arisse wasn't quite sure what had made Auren jump as he did, though it gave her pause. She watched him as he folded his arms over the datapad, and she raised an eyebrow in response. He hadn't done a very good job hiding whatever he was hiding, she could see the guilt written clearly across his face. "Have I interrupted something?" She paused as she felt the ship touch ground, and she swayed a bit before regaining her balance.

"Never mind that, we'll continue this conversation later. Gear up, and be ready in five minutes agent." She then turned and walked back out of his room to get her things. A few minutes later, she was waiting at the ship's exit door with her sniper rifle strapped to her back, and her blaster pistol hooked to her belt.
Back to top Go down
Auren

Auren

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 02:21

“Not at all, agent,” Auren offered his most convincing smile. “I was simply not expecting anyone.” He stood up; deftly putting away his datapad and handing back Arisse her own. He waited for her to leave him before promptly sending another message to his Sith contact, then added the necessary apparel, including an oxygen mask, to his uniform. After securing a blaster at his belt, he simply picked up a bag that he had prepared for missions at all times and threw it over his shoulder; it held medical supplies and his hacking tools. He made sure to check the locks on his room twice and, satisfied with the security, hurried to meet the other agent.

“Ready when you are.”
Back to top Go down
Shaye

Shaye

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 02:43

Shae of course had to know why Ari wanted to go to Quesh, “My ship, my rules,” she’d said and refused to chart course before Ari told her. It really wasn’t that hard to punch in the coordinates and set the ship on autopilot while she snuck of to find out what was really going on because no offence but if Ari had told her the truth Shae would eat her own helmet.

Unfortunately it was really hard to pick up any information unless she physically barged in to listen in on Ari’s calls, so Shae had very little to go on as she returned to the cockpit to steer the ship into the atmosphere and soon after land on the poisonous planet. It also did very little in stopping her from gearing up anyway and announcing she was coming along for the mission. “I’m your bodyguard, remember?” she joked, pushing past the two agents at the ship’s exit. She didn’t leave room for argument, either, first to step foot on the planet and calling back, “Can’t have a nasty republic mess up your pretty faces!”
Back to top Go down
Arisse

Arisse

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 04:31

Arisse let out an audible sigh as the ship hatch drew open and Shay strutted on passed. It wasn't the first time Shay had nuzzled her way into Imperial business, but it meant Ari would have to make yet another full report to Keeper about how Shay was not a threat to the operation. It had been Keeper's idea to travel on a bounty hunter's ship, seeing as how an Imperial ship was likely to draw too much attention.

Arisse cast a glance at Auren before adjusting her own oxygen mask and then following Shay's lead off the ship and onto the vile landscape of Quesh. In the distance, she could see creatures lurking around the fields, just waiting for an easy supper. From the muddy pools, to musty air, there was no telling how much poison could hit them during their visit. Just in case, she withdrew 3 syringes, filled with a vaccine that should protect them from most of the planet's toxins.

"Take this," she handed one of the syringes to Auren, and then she turned to Shay, "It'll protect you from 70% of the lethal toxins on this planet." Once they had their doses, she injected herself as well. She put that away and slipped on her augmentation lense, a sort of monacle with a green lens that aided her shots and provided heat signature technology to help pinpoint her enemies.

"Now then. The factory is located 50 kilometers East of here. Let's not waste any time." She stepped ahead of Shay and continued onward through the mud, determined to assert herself as the leader on this mission.
Back to top Go down
Auren

Auren

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 15:31

Shae tagging along had by then become so common that Auren merely shrugged it off. Arguing would have only wasted their time. He returned Arisse’s glance, shortly sharing a look that said he had no objections if she didn’t. Once that was settled he let her step out first after Shae, following promptly and closing the hatch after himself. He adjusted the mask over his nose and mouth and, as it clicked into place, tapped it twice for luck. If it wasn’t properly operational he’d find out in a couple of hours.

Quesh welcomed them with fiery skies filled with factory smoke. Despite the breath mask and the appropriate adrenal countermeasures Arisse offered, Auren still felt entirely unpleasant. Hopefully they’d do the mission quickly. “Let’s get this over with,” he urged, accepting the syringe and pushing it none too gently to his arm.  

The needle stung his skin through the fabric of his uniform and Auren rubbed his arm where he’d hit it with the syringe. Next he brought up a holo-map on his datapad, determining the quickest route and comparing it to what might have been the safest, avoiding as much of wildlife and toxic pools as possible. So much for being quick about it. He hurried forward, falling in step with his fellow agent to comment on the readings. “Looks like an eight hour walk either way; as much as we try to save time by cutting through areas here, here and here,” he indicated each area on the map as he spoke, “the terrain will slow us down nearly everywhere else.” Not to mention the stops they’ll have to make for a rest. “Might save up to three hours if we press on straight this way and keep up the pace. No detours to visit the outpost, however.”
Back to top Go down
Shaye

Shaye

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty17/6/2015, 15:47

She was already stood outside by the time the two agents joined her; hands on hips, eyes looking at the fields in the distance and breathing in deeply through her mask. Shae seemed entirely unbothered by their surroundings as she let out a satisfied sigh and announced happily: “Guys – I want a lobel.” Instead of a reply she got a syringe.

Silently measuring the pros and cons of keeping a poison lobel, she started after Arisse and Auren, following two steps behind and keeping an eye on her wrist radar in case of hostiles. She was only half listening to the conversation in front of her, only speaking up when there was a pause. “Well that’s plenty of time to tell us what we’re doing then,” she said, not at all concerned about the long hours she’d have to spend walking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fool Me Once Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool Me Once   Fool Me Once Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool Me Once
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
beemaskeeps :: Misc RP :: SWTOR-
Jump to: